Monday, March 9, 2009

the meek shall inherit (3)

I was listening to the radio the other day about the launch of a telescope whose sole purpose is to examine a particular spot in the milky way to see if it could detect any earth-like planets revolving around a sun. The supposition is that if a planet similar to ours is found, perhaps there are "others like us" in the depths of space.

I was reminded then of certain "scientists" who claim that life on earth was the result of some "super-evolved aliens" somehow seeding life on this planet earth. Now I had to ask myself, in my generation, with the landing of men on the moon in 1969, and various unmanned spacecraft landing on Mars, what is the type of "seedlings" we have left on the Moon and on Mars. The short answer, of course, is garbage.

Let's face it, if aliens came to our world in eons past, they, like us, on leaving to return from whence they came, would have left excess bagage, ie garbage. Now, excuse me, but if the human race derived from alien garbage, there is something wrong with that picture. Meek is meek, but alien garbage is NOT in whose image we are made. It is only "garbage thinking" that would present such a possibility.

In the meantime, let us hope that in 100 billion years the garbage we left on the Moon and Mars doesn't come back to bite us...

3 comments:

  1. Amen!! I am not alien garbage, nor am I an alien experiment. How devoid of hope and joy in life to believe that, as some do! I have a Maker, and I am His special creation. So much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal garbage, don't cha know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No no, we aren't garbage, were soup. When will we be ready to eat? mmmm crystal soup.
    :D

    ReplyDelete