Thursday, October 20, 2011

Where did the apple come from?

I came upon a simple question lately.  "Where does repentance come from?"  Most should know what the quick answer is.  Repentance comes from God.  (Quote several applicable Bible verses here.)

Now, I just took a break and went to the fridge to get an apple.  "Where did the apple come from?"
Most would know what the quick answer is.  The apple came from the fridge.

Just as there is a long answer to "Where does repentance come from?" there is also a long answer to "Where did the apple come from?"

For the next several lines, I want to try a brief in-depth answer to that question, that is to try and get to the bottom of the hierarchy of events that transpired in order for me to munch away.  It is in no way to be considered a comprehensive study, but should be sufficient to get the gist of the idea across - that is the ultimate source of the answer to the question may not be what is expected.

1.   Desire for apple
2.   Fridge
3.   Store (Retail/wholesale)
4.   Truck or similar transportation from producer
5.   Producer
6.   Tree
7.   Branch on tree
8.   Flower on branch
9.   Pollen introduced to flower by carrier
10. Bee's butt acting as pollen carrier

Where did the apple come from?  A bee's butt.

Now, chew on that for a while, and in one of my next blogs I will try to examine the source of repentance in a similar fashion.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm bee butt! I ate an apple for breakfast this morning, it was tasty, it made me very thankful for bees and their tiny tiny fuzzy butts. Also, I'm thankful for bee stomachs, and their ability to regurgitate, because I enjoyed a nice hot mug of coffee with honey to sweeten it. Bees are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bee butt... XD

    They have very productive butts. Although, that Santa we saw at Canadian Tire had a rounder, more wiggly red butt. And I laughed. A lot.

    ReplyDelete