Saturday, September 24, 2011

Sorry, no pictures...

One of the more interesting features of being the parent of lotsa' kids is the diverse talents each individual one brings to the general-world-at-large. From intellectual thinkers to hands-on activists (in the small sense), it amazes me to see the development of, perhaps, hereditary traits. Some of my kids are heavily engaged in photography. This is a talent not inherited from me personally. I take (if and when I do) lousy pictures. Like when I fish - I usually catch snags - my photos are generally pale images (pun intended) of the promise that capturing an image should be.

I guess we cannot ALL be the perfect-picture-taker, else who would be left to appreciate the perfect picture? I am left with the head-shaking grandeur of voyeurism as my singular solace, as well as the appreciation that perhaps only a non-perfect-picture-taker could even contemplate composing the first half of this sentence.

5 comments:

  1. I too think it's cool that we are all different, and yet share similar traits as well.

    I am not a good picture taker either.... really. I'm not good at people pictures. I do TRY to capture the beauty I see around me in nature, however. Sometimes I come pretty close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you passed on the dashing good-looks, although I hope you've kept the grey hair gene to yourself. Haha.

    It's good to accept and appreciate the differences in one another, else life would be BOR-ing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pr 20:29 The glory of young men is their strength, And the splendor of old men is their gray head.

    Le 19:32 You shall rise before the gray headed and honor the presence of an old man, and fear your God: I am the LORD.

    Ps 71:18 Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, do not forsake me, Until I declare Your strength to this generation, Your power to everyone who is to come.

    Pr 16:31 The silver-haired head is a crown of glory, If it is found in the way of righteousness.

    Isa 46:4 Even to your old age, I am He, And even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; Even I will carry, and will deliver you.

    I dunno'... maybe passing on the "gray hair gene" ain't such a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to see you take a pic or two. Just for fun. ;)

    ReplyDelete