Friday, January 22, 2010

Come into my parlor...

said the doctor to the patient...

Well, had my "interview" with the Doc today. Now here's the problem as to why health care in Canada is expensive. I had a procedure (see last post) which was supposed to give answers as to what is going on with me. I also had an ultrasound done, again to help reveal what is "wrong" so that appropriate treatment could begin - with the intent (hopefully) of ensuring I have a long and stress-free (wishful thinking) life. Today I find out that they don't know, and have scheduled an additional procedure, involving a nasty bit of business (I say nasty because it involves at least an over-night hospital stay and maybe much bleeding) in the hopes of a further discovery of what is wrong. Hmmmmm, three kicks at the can, each involving a (presumably) more expensive step than the previous. Thank you taxpayers of Ontario for your keen interest in my bladder. Now, where is the free ice-cream...

3 comments:

  1. Yay for hospital stays. :/

    They're my favourite thing. >:{

    At least you can eat the "food". :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck.

    I hate nasty tests.

    Only, you have never had a pap smear. Until you have one of those, you don't know from nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll bring you ice cream daddy!

    ReplyDelete